Monday, June 30, 2014

To Edit?

How much of our lives do we edit? Do we properly filter out any and all offensive comments/conversations?

I have been absent from my little corner of the internet for a while. The reason for such absence may be blamed on a self edit mode. My own grammar/spell check. 

Yes, there were a ton of things I wanted to write about - so many points of view to share, so many rants to rant. But I chose (perhaps foolishly) to filter my thoughts.

Sometimes in life, I believe one has to keep quiet to stay sane. As I became aware that some became aware of my place here online, I no longer felt able to express myself.

And then I went to the beach.

This is the second year in a row that I have packed up my car and drove straight to Cape Cod, by myself. I spent two wonderful days on my own, with my own thoughts.  There is something to be said about maintaining a mental silence while watching the waves crest.  Without all the white noise of everyday life, I was able to sort things out, untangle the mess in my psyche.

One thing that was revealed when the tangle untangled was that I will no longer edit, filter or hide my thoughts, feelings, rants from this space.It is my hope that those who may feel offended, hurt, wronged, move along and allow me my space.

That's all for now.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment