Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fashion Victim?

I grew up in the 80's. The era of big hair and questionable shoulder pad size. As a teen, I LOVED fashion, the latest trends were always on my mind..I worked in the mall and come pay day, I would spend my whole paycheck on clothes (and gas for the car of course, but back then, $5 would get me thorough the week).  Long sweaters, leggings, big earrings - I had them all and LOVED how it all came together..

Well, fast forward to now. Minus the big cartoon character teased hair, many of the styles I wore in high school are back..At first I was repulsed.  Oh no! I wore those fashions the first time around, I am under NO circumstances buying a pair of leggings! Or am I?

My fashion sense, or "style" has taken a bit of a backseat for the past few years.  Obviously while pregnant for Sidekick, I wore clothes that could cover the side of a barn.  After he was born, as my body was taking on all sorts of odd shapes, my style was non existent. What I wore depended on either what was clean (meaning no spit up or pee or other infant bodily fluid) and/or what fit..It's ironic, before I had Sidekick, I would see new mommies and judge their appearance.. I know, I know...but what the hell did I know? I would think, My God Man, step away from the yoga pants!  Well, wasen't I the dumbass?

Anyhow, back to 80's fashion and leggings.. Now that Sidekick is older and I have developed a good morning routine that affords me a bit of "me" time, so I can shower, and actually style my hair and figure out what to wear, I feel as though my style needs a bit of a boost. Add in the fact that I am once again "single", and I think MAYBE, JUST MAYBE leggings, a pair of boots and a tunic top/long sweater might work?

Maybe something like this? I already have a bunch of scarves and the aviator sunglasses..
Just a thought. And I promise not to sing any 80's song while shopping, well....maybe just one..

xo

long cardigan + leggings + scarf = go to fall/winter wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment